Robert BUCKETT 1728 - 1799
Fourth child, second son of John BUCKETT
1699 - (?) and Mary EDGIN 1700 - 1762
Born 1728, Brighstone IOW
Died 1st November 1799, Brighstone IOW
Married Patience THEARLE 1736 - 1803 on 14 October 1756
Robert and Patience had ten children
1) Patience BUCKETT
2) Mary BUCKETT
3) Robert BUCKETT
1760 - 1844
4) Jenny BUCKETT
1762 - 1851
5) Elizabeth (Betty) BUCKETT
1765 - 1851
(married with children)
6) Hannah (Ann) BUCKETT
1770 - 1855
7) James BUCKETT
1772 - 1862
Hannah NEWBURY 1786 - 1851
8) Rebecca BUCKETT
1777 - 1838
Sarah NOBBS 1781 - 1866
10) Barnabus BUCKETT
1779 - 1779
Brighstone is a village and civil parish on the Isle of Wight, 6 miles southwest of Newport on the B3399 road. Brighstone was previously known as “Brixton”. The name derives from the Saxon name “Ecgbert’s Tun”.
Brighstone is the largest village in the area locally known as the Back of the Wight and extends toward Limerstone and Mottistone. In Roman times a villa was built to the north, to take advantage of the clean waters of the Buddle Brook.
Brighstone history dates back to the 9th century when it was given to the Bishopric of Winchester by King Egbert.
Brighstone parish was formed in 1644. The civil parish comprises the main village of Brighstone together with the smaller villages of Brook, Hulverstone, Limerstone and Mottistone. The entire parish lies within an area of the Isle of Wight AONB and its coastline is designated as Heritage Coast and Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Today Brighstone is popular with tourists for its thatched cottages and local shops. Several large events are hosted in the village each year, including the Brighstone Show, Art exhibitions and the Brighstone Christmas Tree Festival. The local scout hut functions as a Youth Hostel during the summer.
The Isle of Wight is diamond-shaped and extends 22.5 miles (36 km) from east to west and 13.5 miles (22 km) from north to south.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded.