Born 1497, Staffordshire (Diocese of Worcester)
Died 1559, Rowley Regis, Staffordshire, (now West Midlands.)
One recorded son of John FOLEY and Catherine HIPKINS
The History of Rowley Regis
The history of Rowley Regis now in the West Midlands conurbation, can be traced back to the 12th century, when a small village grew around the parish church of St. Giles, 2 miles (3 kilometres) southeast of Dudley. Rowley was part of the Royal hunting grounds - Regis was added to the name of Rowley in around 1140 to signify it was that part of Rowley belonging to the King.
It began to develop substantially during the 19th century. In 1933, Rowley Regis became a borough, and incorporated the communities of Blackheath, Old Hill, and Cradley Heath. These places were all within the ancient parish of Rowley Regis, which (despite being in the county of Staffordshire) was in the diocese of Worcester. The parish contained the manors of Rowley Regis and Rowley Somery, the latter being part of the barony of Dudley, but the extents of these manors and the relationship between them are not clear. Around the time that Rowley Regis became a borough, housebuilding accelerated in both the public and private sectors.
An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded.